Thursday, June 30, 2011

Back On Line!

We finally got our internet back!  During that time, we moved closer to the end of our journey.  We will work avidly next week to get to Kiev and then home the next week.  I do not remember all I've told you or what all has happened, but I will post pictures and go from there.  Here's what's been happening:

Swan Lake.  I would love to see it over and over!  The row in front of us had all short people for a change.  Except for the two people in front of me.  Of course!  That happens almost 100% of the time!




An auto mechanic shop.  These are signs I see all the time as we ride the bus back and forth.

McDonald's has a world wide market.  Probably in every country.  We haven't been there yet.



This one says "Sushi Town" I think.  There's lots of sushi place here.  Yum!



Hi Masha!



The train station.  All buses stop here.  Gypsies hang out here too.  I hope to get a good picture of one when I get the courage.  They are scary ladies and they dress the way gypsies look in your mind.  I've been told that if you don't give them money, they follow you, then curse you if you continue to refuse.  They touch you and grab you sometimes too.  Intriguing, but scary!


This was soooo cool.  I went to the same Ukranian church I visited before.  The congregation let a group of Chinese Christians use their building for a while.  When the Chinese got their own building, they came and performed as a thank you to the church.  SO, We sat in a Ukranian Christian church, listening to a group of Christian Chinese sing songs such as Holy, Holy, Holy in their native language.  It really blew me away!


Ruslana and Hannah.  She worked at the hotel cafe downstairs from our apartment.  She helped us out a great deal here.  She even took us shopping to show us where certain stores are.  Her last day was yesterday.  She will go work on a cruise ship on the Black Sea soon.  She is a delightful young lady.


Hannah and the hotel cat, Мурзшк (mursic, I think it might be spelled that way.  Sounds like "purr" seek.)  He came into our room and we combed him and let him rest on the sofa.  We haven't told his owner yet (the hotel owner.)



Suzanne from Brooklyn.  She is adopting also.  We hang out with her a lot.  She's our newest, bestest friend here.  I hope we're friends for a long time!


Oh yea!  Our other best friend.  This is the guard gate at the camp that I give chocolate to.  He likes us.  I still need to get his name though!
I can't get the cursor past the next picture so I'll say good bye here.  Until tomorrow (I hope!) - Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I recognize most of your pictures! I am sending you and email. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I've been reading your blog and praying for all of you! Love the pics!
    What an experience for Hannah -- when I told Brian, he wondered what it was going to feel like for Hannah (when y'all are home) and she has a sister for the first time....and it's not a baby that you have plenty of time to get used to! LOL!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete