Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Friday

I see we haven't posted anything for a while.  I guess time is slipping away!.  No wait, I think it's been a hard few days.  Yea, we heard that the judge did our case different than all the rest are done.  Our ten waiting days start today!  Wow!  We lost a whole week.  We were told to go back and do it the other way would mean going back to court, so we just decided to go forward from here.  The light at the end of the tunnel got a lot smaller.  That's what I spent most of Thursday dealing with.

Hannah mentioned that I slipped on the stairs and that was Monday.  I took a really hard fall and hope I haven't fractured any pelvic or sacral bones.  I am very swollen and have a huge bruise - about 12 inches across and 5 inches down.  For all my nurse friends, no, of course I haven't gone to a clinic.  you know me!  I can walk and function.  It only hurts to sit and lie down.

We visited with Katya Thursday, but didn't Wednesday or today.  Riding in the bus kinda hurts so I take it a little easy sometimes.  We are having fun with her.  Hannah and Katya are getting closer all the time.  Igor usually joins us.  I like that guy lots, but I want to spend more time with her.  I know leaving him will be hard for her, but I really look forward to leaving this place with her.  Then we'll be in more neutral territory.  (In the air anyway.)

Today Hannah and I changed rooms at the hotel.  We have a little more room here so it will be easier when Katya joins us.  That should be a week from next Monday.  That day we will really begin working.  Anyway, we have no internet connections here (wifi that is.)  There is a computer with a cable connection that we can use, but can't access the pictures I've taken.  I will see if I can remedy that.  Also we can't Skype from the room.  So, Mom and Dad, if you want to call, you'll have to email me and tell me when so I can go to a wireless station.  Then we can talk.

I'm feeling pretty depressed today.  I fell disconnected and like I'm never going to get home.  I miss my kitty!  I miss people too, but my kitty doesn't understand, my friends do.  I've talked to her on Skype before, but I think it's confused her.  Oh well.  It seems long now but I must remind myself that's it's a very short time in my life really.

We just went to see Swan Lake at the opera house.  It was absolutely magnificent!  When we're watching entertainment like that, it's like I could be home.  People are all just the same at the ballet.  No talking.  Just dancing.

Here are some pictures from the past few days.  Hope you like.


Katya's neighbor growing up.  We picked up photos of Katya's family from her.



Katya's cat.  He belongs to another neighbor now.



Katya's house growing up.  Half of it actually belongs to her, but it's uninhabitable.



Katya and her cat.



Her neighbor's dog, Blake.  He likes slippers.


The Black Sea.



The pink wall.  A landmark when we got close to the camp.


A man picture.  I include these in case there are some men friends who are interested in these things.


Tha back side of the train station.


A random picture taken from the bus.  I was trying to show how grafitti covers most buildings.

Pray for us to get home soon please.

Love to you all - Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Sarah,
    I am praying for you and will continue. We all miss you here too, but know that you are where you need to be. You will be home before you know it. If it helps any, we are looking at another 10 days of 100 degree temps.
    Love ya!
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no mans in that men picture!

    ReplyDelete