Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday

Hello friends!  Today not much happened.  Hannah and I walked around and took some pictures with some cool trees.  We visited Katya at the usual 4:00 and she asked her supervisor to translate for us.  This translator is another blessing sent to us.  Her name is Darina and I'll add a picture of her. 

Only two days before court!  Katya seems to be preparing herself to go.  She seems a little excited about it even.  Please pray for her boyfriend, Igor.  He gets depressed when things get hard, and his life is about to change.  He doesn't deal well with his depression.  When Katya leaves, he will go to House of Hope where he will begin trade school.  He is very fortunate to be placed in a living facility because most are on their own, if I understand correctly.  I mentioned recently in the blog that he will need sponsorship, along with another, younger boy, Kolya.  Please keep them in your prayers.

I was thinking the other day about how I feel like something should always be happening.  I feel a little guilty if I'm not actively doing something toward the adoption.  I had another thought then, that often we feel that way when God calls us to do something.  Like Sarai, we think we have to fill in all the gaps instead of waiting for Him.  For a very busy American woman, it feels so wrong to be still.  He has been so faithful through all of this though and I must reflect on that.  There are times of waiting, (thank you for your words Tina!,) but when it's time for things to happen, He parts the Red Sea.  Every time.  He is so amazing!  Praise God!

So I will wait, imperfectly at best.  And then I will run to update you when He moves more mountains for us.

Until next time,

Sarah (pictures to follow)


The cool tree.  You probable can't see the grafitti on it.  In Ukraine, it's nice because you can climb on the trees and rocks.  You can get off the path and touch the old artifacts, even in national places and monuments.  The problem is that people who deface and litter can so these things too.  Everything natural that's beautiful has trash and human markings.



Hannah in the cool tree.



Our walk.  These paths just pop up all over the place.  They always wind up at a busy road.


More beautiful roses.


Me and Darina, our newest translator.




No comments:

Post a Comment