Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday, June 5

I really miss home today.  Some days are better than others and today is not one of those.  We did get to see Katya, but only for a few minutes.  She is at summer camp (i.e. - another locked in behind gates kind of place.)  To get there we take two buses, changing over at the train station.   It is a long, hot ride, about an hour or hour and a half.  Usually sweat is dripping down our foreheads by the time we get there.   About half of the people on the buses are smelly, but it's no wonder since there's no air conditioning and they are crowded.  Just a way of life.  Anyway, when we got to the camp, we were told we couldn't visit - today only.  They had camera crews, or something, out there.  I don't know the story yet but I'd like to find out what was going on.  So we traveled back.  The thought of doing this every day for the next two and half or three weeks is a bit disheartening.  Oh well.  I guess it's what we're here for.

I didn't get any pictures today.  We took Katya and Igor some food.  They kids really hate camp and they all complain about the food.  Sometimes they just don't eat it.  I don't know why, but I know they appreciate it when we take stuff with us.  Today I took some meat, bread and bananas.  At least I got to give it to Katya before we had to leave.  We will go back tomorrow in the afternoon.  She has to come to the front of the camp to visit with us.  We are not supposed to see any of the other kids while we visit.  I want to learn more about this too.  Something must have happened to cause them to create these strict rules.

Whenn we're not visiting with Katya, there's usually nothing to do, so that's when we discover the city.  It's easy to stay on a budget here though for things are so cheap.  It's really sickening to think of paying $15 (or something like that) at the zoo back home and pay for parking too!  I think it costs a dollar to get in here. 

As for news, I may find out tomorrow when our court date is.  It could be Thursday or Friday, but probably a week from tomorrow (Monday.)  I may have told you this already.  The facilitators say every thing is going extremely well.  I really hope to be home by late June, but we're still looking at early July.  I do know that everything that has happened has been timed perfectly.  God SO knows what He's doing.  I'm glad He's the one in charge!

All praise to God!  Yeah Abba!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweet friends! I am praying for you and miss you guys! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete