Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday

I am almost too tired to post in the evenings.  There is so much to talk about that I have not told you, nor will I be able to, on the blog site.  We have been spending much time with Katya.  Lord willing, we will get her tomorrow.  I need prayers.  Please pray that tomorrow the court will issue us the final copy of the court decree.  All of our timing is hanging on this.  Every delay now could add another week to our stay.


Yesterday was an interesting experience.  We got up early to run by the bank. Not many people were on the streets yet, but there were two girls on the sidewalk.  One was sitting next to the other one, who was lying in front of her.  She looked dead.  We asked the one sitting if she was OK and she didn't acknowledge us.  I figured they were drinking and doing drugs the night before.  It looked that way.  We made sure the girl lying down was breathing, and went to get an english speaking person.  When we returned, the sitting girl was holding her friend up by the hair.  She was yelling at her and slapping her across the face.  Our english speaker, when she saw them, said, "Oh, that's normal."!  OK.  Pretty weird.

Today we visited Katya's old neighbor again, Tamara.  These people dote all over you when you are a guest.  We took her some chocolates.  She gave us chocolates.  She called another neighbor who brought champagne (again!  And they always pour Katya a glass!)  Tamara served us bread with butter she made, and cheese.  She really piled it on too!  This woman does not have money either.  It's just the Russian nature.  It makes you feel like you need to match their generosity, but I suppose they really just want us to accept their gifts joyfully.  It's a wonderful experience.  It's also amazing how well we can communicate.  I apologize ahead of time if I do charades in a conversation with you when we get home.  We Americans here are gesturing to each already.  It has become second nature!

I did not put my pictures on the computer I'm using, so I cannot post them tonight.  I'm sorry.  I have so many.  They help me remember what to post about too.  I'm still collecting pictures of shoes.

Another prayer request.  Please pray for Igor.  This young man gets depressed very easily.  He's getting really bad as we get near Katya's departure.  Sometimes he won't talk to us or even look at us.  He also hides, I guess because it is too painful for him to be around.  I know some of it is normal, but this boy has severe issues with it, I believe.  He really could use a home.  I don't know where he will find hope.  He is a believer though, so perhaps we could pray God will support him when he feels so low.

I will let you know how the court issue turns out.  I will post pictures next time as well. 

I miss you friends and family! - Sarah

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying! Praying! Praying!

    And how odd that acting like that would be *normal*! I can't wait to see the shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Stephanie! Please continue. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed here and need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally figured out how to reply to the comments. It's so easy! Gene - I wanted to reply to you but didn't have your email, so, thank you for your prayers. My church friends really mean a lot to me. I miss church. I want to tell you so much more.

    ReplyDelete