Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday - another court day

Well, we can't get the court decree until Tuesday between 2 and 4.  That means we could have to extend another 4-5 days more.  I hang onto the promise that God works all things for the good of those who love Him and are called for His purpose.  Therefore, even in the storm, I will praise the God who gives and takes away.

We will pick Katya up as soon as we get the court decree and start running as fast as we can.  We have not given up hope on getting things done earlier.

On another note, I have pictures from the past few days.

More pictures of Svieta and Sasha.  I can only get Sasha posing.  He comes around for me to take a photo or two, then he goes away.


This is Katya's going away party at the camp.  We are in the boy's cabin because the girl's was too messy.



Poor Igor.  This is how he has been acting lately.  I'm really surprised he even looked at the camera.  Andre, to the left, is an awesome, cheerful young man.  He is a believer and has encouraged many of the boys to go to church.  One of his wishes for Katya is for her to love God more.


Alyona, Svieta, Sasha, Katya, Andre, Igor, Vova (I think), Lisa and Hannah (L-R.)  Hannah seems to have taught them all to do the bunny ear thing for pictures!


At the dacha, (summer home.)  This little girl, (named Hannah for Hannah Stevens,) was the hit of the day.  She lives behind the dacha and over the hill, on someone else's property.  Villagers go where they want.  They don't have trespassing laws, or at least they don't seem to.  We acted like villagers and went where we wanted also.


The dacha home.  There is a real out-house just this side of the picture.  They actually put a toilet over the hole so it would feel more like a real bathroom.  I did appreciate it!


The back part of the land.  Just about as far as you can see in the picture is the gate to the cow's property.


We got to have fun there too.  Hannah spent all afternoon arching.  She finally had to stop when her fingers got swollen.  She has great form.  No blisters either.


A closer look at the house.  This is a typical village home for many people.


This is what you can see when you visit the cow.  It is a finger-like lake off the Black Sea.


The home as you pull up.  These cherry trees are loaded with cherries.  We spend a lot of time under the trees just eating cherries.



I really don't know why we have to have so many hurdles here.  I am sitting with Suzanne (from Brooklyn,) as she's telling her family how well her court went.  Another family who is adopting three-year old twins just passed by.  They just picked up their new children and are on the way to Kiev tonight.  We got here before any of them   I am very happy for them, but I feel like crying.  I want to go home.  OK.  Now I am crying - in public!  How embarasing!  Please pray that we get home someday.

I will update you when I have more information.  Love you all!

Sarah

BTW - Hi Susan Cuda!  How are you?

2 comments:

  1. I am fine, Sarah Porter! Praying for you every day! Grace and I just got back from new student orientation at A&M. Perhaps not as foreign as your experiences, but a trip nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! I am so sorry things are taking longer than you planned. I always wonder why some go so easy and others are difficult! I pray you will be blessed and rest in his timing. I know it is hard to just slow down and do nothing, but trust me -- it will NOT stay that way. So rest now! I've tried skyping you a few times when you appear online, but can't reach you. When you have a chance, let's catch up if you can. Otherwise, I'll stay posted through your blog.

    ReplyDelete