Sunday, May 22, 2011

We arrive in Kiev

Today is our 1st full day in Kiev. Our very first flight the Chicago was delayed. We spent a good deal of time during that flight worrying if we would make our connecting flight to Dusseldorf. We hit the ground in a dead run and as God would have it, the departure gate was just close enough for us to make it by final boarding call. The reamaining flights went smoothly and we connected with Olag outside of the airport. Olag is a man of few words but I did manage to get a smile and a laugh or two out of him (Chris you are right about his driving). We stopped at a store on the way to our hotel and bought some water and a few essentials. By the time we arrived at our hotel we were all so sleep deprived that immediately went to sleep. I don't think any of us have any idea how long we slept but we seemed to wake up refreshed and ready to explore. Sarah has been taking Russian lessions and I thought that I would be relying heavily on her to communicate but I find that I seem to be able to get my message across so far. Most of the people that we have interacted with know a little english. I have never been this far away from home or in a non-english speaking country for that matter but I have a very peaceful feeling that this is where God wants us to be and I find much joy in knowing how much we are in his hands right now. Our SDA date is tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. . Please pray that things will go smoothly so we can be on our way to the orphanage.   In Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment