Monday, May 23, 2011

A Deeper Look At Kiev

Our SDA oppointment was today.  It went very well, but I don't speak Russian/Ukrainian so it was hard to keep up.  I was very suprised when I saw the goverment lady wearing jeans, a tee-shirt and enormus high-heels, so I guess I wore a skirt for a big fat nothing.  After everything was taken care of, Yuri took us on a tour of Kiev.  We started out by taking a look at some beautiful buildings.  Many of them had gold colored roofs and blue, or some other colored walls.  Then came my favorite part.  We went into the catacombs of the catholic church and saw the glass coffins of some dead saints. (And watched people kiss them.)  My mom and I had to wear these old rugged looking cloaks and scarves over our heads.(If I can figure out how, I'll post some pictures.)  One of the coffins had an 800 year old hand sticking out of it.  Sometimes, people will lift up the coffin top and kiss it!!!  Talk about yuck!  We came out after living with the smell of horrible candles, and saw some monument of world war 2.  There were tanks, helecopters, and statues.
Later, we came back and called Katya.  You wouldn't believe how excited she was and did't want to say goodbye.  So please just keep praying and we miss every one back at home.

Thanks for reading!
-Hannah-


No comments:

Post a Comment